Forget-Me-Not Victorian Day 2012
- Saturday, September 22nd
- Noon – 5 p.m.
- (with the last tour leaving at 4:15 p.m.)
- Adults - $5
- Children 12 and under – Free
- Step into the past during Oakdale Memorial Gardens Forget-Me-Not Victorian Day as we commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
- This year’s Victorian Day will highlight those who fought in the Civil War or contributed to the soldiers’ successes. Take a stroll through the grounds of this magnificent garden cemetery and hear the stories of Soldiers, Generals and more as told by Oakdale’s “residents” themselves.
- Victorian Day will include:
- Guided tours
- First-hand accounts of the past as told by Oakdale “residents”
- Guest speaker Minda Powers-Douglas, author of “Cemetery Walk” and “Translating Tombstones"
- Victorian Day at Oakdale is a family-friendly event. All proceeds go to the Friends of Oakdale for grounds improvements.
- Guests are reminded to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen. Golf cart tours will be available for those unable to walk long stretches. Parking is free. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
There is no rain date
- Established in 1857, Oakdale Memorial Gardens is a treasure trove of history and natural beauty. It is one of the Quad Cities’ oldest and most beautiful cemeteries, boasting century-old oak trees, gently rolling hills and knolls, and a reflecting pond near the cemetery entrance.
- To volunteer or for more information about the event, contact …..
Oakdale Memorial Gardens
2501 Eastern Avenue
Davenport, IA 52803
Office: (563) 324-5121
Fax: (563) 323-8141
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
or by appointment
Hosted by Google Sites